- Elliot Markowitz
Content Marketing Survival Guide
Every company regardless of size needs to have the right content marketing tools in their backpack to continuously fuel their lead generation engine and nurture perspective and current customers through the buying journey. That said, there are some tools that are more essential than others.
B2B content marketing can be extremely effective when all the moving parts are working together and will perform better than any simple outbound marketing program. Here are the necessary tools every company needs to pack into their content marketing strategy to ensure success.
1. Audience Data: To create the right content mix an organization must intimately know its audience. Organizations must know who they are trying to reach in order develop relevant and educational content.
2. Content Alignment: Different pieces of content need to be developed to reach perspective customers through their entire buying journey. From wide-range top of funnel brand awareness assets to more personalized and focused programs that target specific needs, content needs to speak to the buyers in whatever phase they are in their journey. From whitepapers to ebooks to infographics to webcasts—they all play a role during different phases of the buying process.
3. Asset Options: Organizations need to have an integrated approach to their content marketing making their assets easily available across all viewable mediums from smartphones to tablets to desktops. Reason being is today’s customer will view content when they want, where they want on whatever device they want. organizations need to have an integrated approach to their content marketing making their assets easily available across all viewable mediums from smartphones to tablets to desktops.
4. Lead Qualification: Having interest in something is not the same as an intention to purchase. Organizations need to embrace lead qualification tactics and tools as part of their content marketing strategy so they can nurture that potential client who downloaded a whitepaper into a qualified lead for sales.
5. Workflow Process: Everything comes back to scalability. If an organization cannot scale its programs, then they can’t grow them effectively. The only way to do this is through a solid workflow process. Content marketing needs an efficient, documented process from content ideation to execution with every team member clearly understanding their roles and responsibilities.
EMedia Strategies can help with all of your content development needs.